The Warning Story by Anfal Year 6

Gran came into the kitchen looking exhausted and worn out, she approached us slowly. “Now make sure you DON’T go next door while I am sleeping” she announced with a deep and tired voice. Sadek looked at Mark deviously.

Mya announced “Don’t get any ideas you guys!”.

As Ishrah walked up to Mya she wondered if she would like to play a game. They both went into the kitchen, leaving the boys alone in the living room.

“Hey Mark” said Sadek as sneaky as a snake., “Do you want to go next door?”

“You know me so well” declared Mark. They tiptoed out of the door. Eventually the girls came back into the living room, to see that the boys were gone!

“I bet I know where they went, don’t you?” Ishrah told Mya, red like lava.

They both stormed out of the house to see Mark, standing frozen at the door of the abandoned cemetery. Mark was standing alone.

“Mark” shouted Mya!”where’s Sadek?”

“I don’t know. “ squeaked Mark.

“What happened?” wondered Ishrah.

“Well, we went in, then I heard a scream “said Mark.

“It sounded like Sadek (well it was kind of like a girl) then I ran out, screaming my head off”

“We have to go look for him” Ishrah said worriedly.

“Do we have to?” Mya said sadly.

Ishrah and Mark looked at Mya with disappointment. “Fine” puffed Mya.

They entered the abandoned cemetery. Their only goal was to find Sadek. As they crept quietly they stumbled upon a pile of bones, a splatter of blood, a body and the most scary thing of all, a badge, saying “Bye Bye life”! They all screamed in fear as they ran towards the door. That was the last time they went to the cemetery. Mark had learnt to always listen to his Gran.

By the time they got home their Gran was awake. Mark, being too ashamed of himself, let Mya break the bad news. She was so scared, she fainted. Mark grabbed the phone and called the ambulance. They told the remaining kids “This is what happened if you don’t listen to warnings!